Saturday, January 9, 2016

Eating my frog!

I am learning a lot about myself this first week of the new year as I stay committed to my resolutions. I am realizing that timing is everything and sets the tone for my day.

If I don't workout first thing in the morning, my day gets off on the wrong foot. It becomes my resistance and I become irritable until I get it off my to-do list.  My focus is not in the moment at hand, nor is it fully on my kids. I can't fully enjoy the little moments that make being a SAHM priceless.  Instead, I am easily overwhelmed by constantly thinking about what I still need to do, feeling unappreciated and nothing seems to go as planned. 

So my lesson learned is "eat that frog" first; coined by author Brian Tracy.  It applies to your most important task(s) that you hold dear to your heart. Get it out of the way so you can get on with your day! My frog is getting my workout done in the mornings and off my to-do list. 

It is not fun waking up from a peaceful slumber to pushing your body to its limits and getting your heartbeat pumping a mile a minute. But the alternative; to chance my day and daily routines of being disrupted, my mood being compromised, and my focus only partially there, I choose the first. I own the day and I'm going to make it a great one! 

Stay driven!

No comments:

Post a Comment