Thursday, February 4, 2016

Juicing

How many vegetables and fruits are you eating a day?  Plant-based foods should be 40% of your daily diet.  I wasn't even close to getting the recommended daily amount.  Some days I wasn't eating any!  So to ensure that I am fueling my body with the good stuff, I started juicing about a week ago.
Research has proven juicing has many benefits and there are healing powers. It allows highly concentrated vitamins, minerals and enzymes to rapidly enter the bloodstream absorbing all the nutritional benefits. It can also reduce chances of the three leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer and strokes.

This food pyramid was illustrated in the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. 
As a beginner to this juicing world, I relied heavily on Pinterest and YouTube to figure out how and what to juice. After three attempts, I found a recipe that my husband and I really liked. But you can add or subtract any ingredient and still get a tasty drink.

2 handfuls of spinach or kale
2 apples
1 pear
2 carrots
1 pineapple spear
1 cutie orange
and a wedge of lemon



I love the fact that I am rebooting my system and experimenting with different recipes. I feel really good about getting the right nutrients in my body.  After a week, I don't know if I have more energy, but my skin does have a healthy glow. I think over time I will definitely feel more energized. Do you juice? What recipes do you like?



     

No comments:

Post a Comment